I know you are starting to get the idea, new content on your blogsite always makes your on-line presence stronger. For techie reasons, you need to be very consistent in the time and attention you give to your blog.
This is where the blog beginner tends to give up. But your Blog Angel has an easy traffic building trick for you.
A couple of times a week, I search for a random word in my blog’s search window. I scan whatever comes up and pick a former post. For my blog, I would pick breakup or anger for example.
I then review it, make sure all links are pointed to a current offering, tweak the text a bit and then share on Facebook.
This is where the magic comes in. I have my Blog Angel Team, 3 to 5 people who exchange shares on Facebook or Tweets on Twitter with me as I share their posts on my wall or page. When you explain the strategy of this method, you can collect as many people as you want on your Angel Team.
Remember the 80/20 rule. You want to promote something of your own 20% of your posts on Facebook or Twitter. The other 80% is for entertaining and informing your followers. What better way to do that than sharing great content from people you love! Thanks Robert Kawasaki in Enchantment for these figures. (A must read!)
After I tweak the post, I simply hit the share on FB and Twitter buttons myself and let my team know that a new post is up. They in turn share on Facebook and Twitter if the post moves or entertains them.
This way, I don’t have to write a new blog and yet I can drive traffic to my site. Cool, huh? This literally takes minutes in my morning routine.
When sharing someone who serves the same audience, it can be a bit tricky. What I recommend is a Share with a Comment like:
Enjoying the always entertaining____________ and then list the link.
One of my clients shared an article of mine recently very creatively. My niche consists of successful single women serious about finding love. My client is happily in a couple and doesn’t “need” my information, yet she still wanted to promote my article to her contacts. Here is what she came up with:
“Great post, Catherine, I wish I would have known this 20 years ago” and then shared on her page. This was perfect as it tied us together as colleagues and clearly defined both of our separate roles.
These are simple steps that will bear much fruit. I can promise you that when you see that people are clicking buttons on your site in support of you, it feels really good. It is like a cyber hug…people taking action on your behalf.
These social gestures on-line are what enchant people and make them want to hang out with you. It is all about building a web of good will.
So there you have it. There are tons of short cuts like this that make blogging easy and engaging. Your people WANT to know you. They are dyin’ out there waiting for you to make a splash for yourself!
Until next time…
Tips and Tools
Tags#aplusk #hashtags abundance thinking Ashton Kutcher and Penn State baby boomers on line baby boomers online be an expert blog Blog Angel blog resuscitation blogsite Blog Tips book promotion Brains On Fire Cheryl Hines Christy Whitman compelling headlines Ellen Show facebook google analytics grass roots marketing heart based business owner help how to write headlines internet marketing John Hiler list building MariSmith Mari Smith marketing Michael Hyatt Niche Building Oprah WInfrey personal service business blog Robert Kawasaki scarcity thinking studying all night Suburgatory Taming Your Alpha Bitch twitter Twitter Basics VIdeo viral on Facebook women over 50 on Facebook women over 50 online writers block