This is a guest post from Michael Hyatt of Intentional Leadership
When you are building your business presence with your blog, it takes time to “get deep.” As you aim to get 50 blog posts up and attract your readers, it can be a long dry journey if you have the wrong mind set.
The question is this: Which type of thinker are you? Maybe it’s time to do some honest self-evaluation. Better yet, ask those closest to you.
As I (Michael) was running this morning, I noted eight characteristics of abundance thinkers:
- They believe there is always more where that came from.
- They are happy to share their knowledge, contacts, and compassion with others.
- They default to trust and build rapport easily.
- They welcome competition, believing it makes the pie bigger and them better.
- They ask themselves, How can I give more than is expected?
- They are optimistic about the future, believing the best is yet to come.
- They think big, embracing risk.
- They are thankful and confident.
I also noted eight characteristics of scarcity thinkers:
- They believe there will never be enough.
- They are stingy with their knowledge, contacts, and compassion.
- They default to suspicion and find it difficult to build rapport.
- They resent competition, believing it makes the pie smaller and them weaker.
- They ask themselves, How can I get by with less than is expected?
- They are pessimistic about the future, believing that tough times are ahead.
- They think small, avoiding risk.
- They are entitled and fearful.
The truth is that, for most of us, we are not either / or. We are a little of both. I certainly want to grow as an abundance thinker. Reviewing these characteristics has given me some clarity. How about you?
Question: How do you see these two ways of thinking impacting your world? You can leave a comment below:
This post brought to you by The LOA in Love Club, the World’s First $10 All-Inclusive Love Coaching Club. http://EFTCupid.com